Search The Tattler

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Emery School Board Forum Cancelled

The League of Women Voters of Berkeley, Albany and Emeryville announced today the cancelation of their Emery school board forum scheduled for Thursday evening because only Tattler editor and candidate Brian Donahue responded affirmatively for a willingness to participate.  This is the first time in more than 20 years in Emeryville the popular forum has had to be cancelled due to a lack of commitment from candidates.  The League has a policy to not hold a forum if there is only to be one candidate committed.

The League’s city council forum Thursday October 8th is still going to be held at 6:30 pm at the Emeryville Center for Community Life on San Pablo Avenue in the auditorium.

5 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! I just got my ballot today. Which of the school board candidates are the good ones? Are they all bad? Do we need a write in campaign??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Mr. Donahue is the only responsible one, I will need to vote for him.

      Delete
    2. The two men running would bring a different set of policy proscriptions and I can't imagine they could be worse than the two women incumbents. I would recommend voting for the two men only and maybe a write-in for your third candidate. I say this because the district must change. It is worth the risk to try the two newbies. Their names are David Ridlehuber and Christopher Keith Allen.

      Delete
    3. Please don't vote for me. I will not serve if elected. I don't want to be on the board. I only ran to force an election (and to be able to debate the incumbents at the League of Women Voters forum).

      Delete
  2. That is very disappointing! How is a person to vote responsibly if unable to hear all the candidates?

    ReplyDelete