Black List Revealed
In February the Tattler brought you the story of the School District's decision to pay $170,000 to consultants, MIG and MKThink, to facilitate a Task Force that would determine the fate in a post-Emeryville Center of Community Life (ECCL) world of six public properties that currently provide community services. Only three of those sites, Anna Yates Elementary School , the former Ralph Hawley Middle School, and the San Pablo Avenue dump site that is the future home of the ECCL (aka the former High School) are actually under the control of the School District. The other three sites, the 43rd Street Recreation Center, the Senior Center, and the Emeryville Child Development Center, are operated by the City. The future of only two sites is really in doubt, that of the Anna Yates Elementary site, and the Recreation Center.
$7700 Per Meeting
|Not a Big Fan |
He also had a black list and
a "plumbers unit" meant to
plug media leaks.
The first of the Task Force's six public meetings was held on April 29th, although one will search in vain for any mention of it on any School District website. This lack of notice constitutes a violation of Sacramento's Brown Act, which sets the actual "ground rules" for public meetings, Emery proclamations notwithstanding.
The Tattler has obtained the Task Force meeting minutes which speak for themselves (page 1 Section III):
"One Task Force member asked for clarification on the ground rule asking members not to speak with the media, wondering whether this applied to blogs and other local electronic media. Yes, it is intended to cover all media; having Task Force members refrain from speaking to the media ensures that no group member is pushing a specific agenda by exerting media pressure on other members, and helps to build a culture of trust within the group."The Tattler confirmed that these minutes accurately reflected the discussion at the meeting through a non-member that was present.
As a public service for Task Force members, the Tattler provides the following Black List of those that Task Force Members should be sure not to speak with:
City and School District's Black List:
- Brian Donahue, Emeryville resident and blogger on the Emeryville Tattler
- Rob Arias, Emeryville resident and blogger on the E'ville Eye
- Calvin Rouse III, food critic for the E'ville Eye
- Tracy Schroth, Emeryville resident and editor of The Secret News
- Shirley Enomoto, Emeryville resident and researcher for The Secret News
- Stefanie Pruegel, contributor to The Secret News
- Richard Ambro, Emeryville resident and columnist for The Secret News
- Greg Harper, Emeryville resident and contributor to The Secret News
- Ruth Major, Emeryville resident and contributor to The Secret News
- Bill Reuter, Emeryville resident and contributor to The Secret News
- Jim Thornton, contributor to The Secret News
- Judy Timmel, Emeryville resident and contributor to The Secret News
- Berkeley Fuller, Emeryville resident and contributor to The Secret News
- Scott Donahue, Emeryville resident and contributor to The Secret News
- Adrian McGilly, Emeryville resident and contributor to The Secret News
- Jennifer West, Emeryville City Council member and blogger
- Michael Webber, Emeryville resident and former? blogger at Condition: Emeryville
- Ken Bukowski, (provisional) Task Force member and EPOA blogger
- Daniel Borenstein, Oakland Tribune writer and long-time member of School District "enemies list" after his editorial exposing the Measure J school bond
- The First Amendment, United States Constitution